Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Mini Chocolate Dipped Bananas



(Print)
What you need:
  • 3 firm but ripe bananas
  • 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks, melted
  • 9 to 12 lollipop or popsicle sticks
Directions:

Peel and slice bananas into thirds or fourths. I used 4 bananas and cut them into thirds. Put each banana piece on a stick. Making sure they don't touch, wrap your plate or dish with Saran wrap and place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.

Melt your chocolate via a double boiler over the stove or in the microwave. I do mine in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each microwaving.

Dip bananas in chocolate (and then into nuts - but since I have a kiddo with a food allergy, I didn't do this part. I'm sure you could do sprinkles). I had to use a spoon to get the whole banana covered and to scrape off the excess.

Place on wax paper or foil. Place bananas back into the freezer for 30 minutes and then transfer to a freezer safe container or a ziploc bag until you are ready to eat them. *Note: it takes around 7 minutes for them to thaw to room temperature.
Recipe source: Joy the Baker.
She's my hero. No joke :)

These were recreated by Oh! You Cook! for February 2012 SRC {here}

No comments :