Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cake Batter Pancakes

So...in addition to the Cinnamon Roll pancakes that I had been jones-ing to try...Cake Batter pancakes were next on my list. I love cake. I'm not really big on pancakes, but I will definitely be making this recipe and the cinnamon roll pancake recipe regularly! They are fantastic and make breakfast worth looking forward to!


(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup yellow cake mix
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-2 cups milk

Directions:
Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix. 

Add egg and vanilla, stir. Starting adding milk with 1 cup first and then 1/4 cup increments after until you get the consistency of pancake batter. I believe I used almost 2 cups. 
Fold in sprinkles, as many or as little as you want.

Preheat a skillet on medium heat. Add 1/4 cup batter onto skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top. Flip and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with glaze (recipe follows) and additional sprinkles.


Vanilla Glaze

What you need:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Mix until glaze forms. Add more sugar if it's too runny; add more milk if it's too thick.

Recipe from How Sweet It Is

6 comments :

Alida Sharp said...

What a great idea...sounds so yummy!!

Brittany said...

Looks yummy! I am going to bookmark this for sure!

P.S. I am having a giveaway on my blog. There are aweome organizational charts and tools for moms and kids. I hope you enter.

Dietta Lee said...

This sounds scrumptious! Versatile meal not just for breakfast. :-)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness. It's one in the morning, and I should be going to bed, but instead I'm looking at your delicious food and my stomach is grumbling - because, well, there's NOTHING better than pancakes (especially ones with cake batter!!) - they're totally one of my favorite, favorite foods! I (surprisingly!) have all the ingredients for this, and will totally be making it in the morning!

Erin said...

I saw these too and they are on my to do list! They look great!!!

Unknown said...

This sounds awesome!! Love the sprinkles! Thanks for sharing!