Thursday, July 14, 2011

Homemade Spaghetti-O's

So this is a lazy spin off of a recipe I found on Cooking with my Kid. I would have to say that this is much better than original Spaghetti-O's. I used to eat them every Saturday growing up and got a little sick of them, so I'm glad I found something similar, but not as gross.


(Print)
What you need:
  • 1/2 lb. ground meat (I use ground beef)
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 jar tomato sauce
  • 1 lb. wagon wheel pasta
Directions:
  1. Brown meat with onions over medium heat, drain, if needed.
  2. Add spices and tomato sauce. Turn heat to low and simmer.
  3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on package; drain.
  4. Add meat mixture to drained pasta and serve!

1 comment :

Miz Helen said...

Hi Sarah,
I always had a bowl of Spaghetti O's with my kids, and we always had fun with them. I know I will just love your recipe and can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Have a great week end!
Miz Helen