Friday, October 07, 2011

Coconut Cake Truffles

I am obsessed with coconut cake. I get those Pepperidge Farm triple layer coconut cakes and eat them all to myself. So freaking delicious! Cake balls are another huge love of mine. My mother-in-law made them years ago and the first kind she made were super similar to this recipe. I could eat these every day for the rest of my life! The cake is so moist and tastes unbelievable. I prefer to keep mine cold in the refrigerator until I eat them.


(Printable Version)
What you need:
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup coconut flakes
  • Almond bark (or any type of melting candy/chocolate...I prefer white chocolate with coconut!)
Directions:
Bake cake in a 9x13x2-inch pan and let cool.
Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
In a bowl, crumbled cooled, baked cake.

Add coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and coconut flakes. Mix together with hands.

Form cake mixture into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.

Place in the fridge for an hour or more, until they firm up.
Melt almond bark or candy/chocolate. Dip each ball and coat completely with chocolate. Return to cookie sheet. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I added sprinkles on top after dipping in chocolate for a little decoration. You can also use frosting and draw things on them. It's really up to you.
    Recipe from Taste & Tell

    Linked up at...