Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Philly Cheesesteak Omelets

Two things you may know from reading my blog: 1) I love to cook for my husband, even if I may not like what it is. 2) My husband loves Philly cheesesteaks and eggs. I decided to try and combine the two. The experiment was a success and it was delicious. I'm starting to come around to the whole cheesesteak thing.



(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 small onion, sliced into half moons
  • 1 small green bell, sliced into thin strips
  • Roast beef, sliced
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tbsp. A1 sauce
  • Oregano
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 3 eggs
  • A splash of milk 
  • Sliced provolone cheese
Directions:
Heat up a little vegetable oil, butter, or bacon grease in a skillet. 
Saute onion and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes.

Move vegetables over to the side of the skillet and add roast beef. Season with salt and pepper, garlic, Worcestershire, and A1. Heat through and then mix with vegetables.

In another skillet, melt butter. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and milk until fluffy.

Add eggs to skillet and cook until set, sliding a spatula underneath it every so often to let the uncooked eggs get under the cooked eggs.

Add a little of the meat mixture to one side of the eggs and then add cheese to it.

Flip other half over filling and let the cheese melt. Serve hot off the skillet!

~Fantastical Original~

3 comments :

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Oooh! This sounds great - perfect for a "breakfast at dinner" meal. Love omelets and this is one I hadn't heard of before. I would love it if you would come link up with Busy Monday (open Monday through Thursdays) at A Pinch of Joy, a linky party for ideas that make life better, easier and more fun!

Unknown said...

Yum! This sounds like a delicious way to use up some left over pot roast. Pinned it to try soon. :)

Angie A said...

WOW! My husband will LOVE this! I would love for you to stop by my linky and link up if you have a minute!
http://successful2gether.blogspot.com/2012/03/successful-saturday-linkup-5.html