Friday, March 23, 2012

Andes Creamy Mint Brownies

I'm sure you all are used to hearing this from me. I love broccoli, jalapenos, buffalo anything, chocolate, spaghetti, etc. Guess what else I love? Andes Mints.

Yep.

I love those little things. Lo and behold, it was a significant bonding moment when I found out my husband (when I was dating him 6 years ago) also really loved/s Andes Mints. It seemed like not too many people had heard of them or tried them before. I sure wasn't sharing any of my Andes mints for them to try.

This is a recipe I got many many years ago and is part of my first set of recipes in my recipe binders. I recently made it for an FRG meeting. I had quite a few compliments and quite a few people asking for the recipe as well.

I will, for sure, be testing this out with a homemade brownie recipe sometime soon. The topping on these brownies was killer and it went perfectly with the mints!



(Print)
Recipe from Tootsie Roll Inc.

What you need:
  • 1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (plus eggs, oil, and water, as called for on the pkg.)
  • 1/2 cup Andes Baking Chips
  • 4 squares white baking chocolate (1 oz. each), chopped
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup Andes Baking Chips, divided
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325* and lightly spray a 9x13" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Make brownie batter according to pkg. directions and add 1/2 cup Andes Baking Chips.

Pour into pan and bake accordingly. Let cool completely.
While brownies are baking, combine white chocolate and 1/4 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan. Stir until chocolate is melted completely and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.

Move to a medium-size bowl and refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes until chilled.

After brownies are cooled, beat 1 cup heavy cream, gradually adding the sugar, until stiff peaks form.

Fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Then fold 1/4 cup remaining Andes Baking Chips into the mixture.

Spread over brownies and sprinkle remaining Andes Baking Chips on top.

Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into little squares.

1 comment :

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I love andes mints! And brownies too. What a perfect combination. :)