Thursday, June 14, 2012

Easy Pizza Pasta Casserole



This is definitely one of my new favorite pasta dishes - my husband gobbled it up. When I mentioned it was basically baked spaghetti with pepperoni on top, he dismissed it. He is not a fan of baked spaghetti - which is honestly a mystery to me. I don't know. Anyways, he liked this a lot. The kids liked it a lot. I thought it was one of the best baked spaghetti-esque recipes I've had, so it's a keeper!

(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 large onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 jar spaghetti sauce
  • 8 oz. rotini pasta
  • 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
  • Sliced pepperoni
Directions:
  1. Brown ground beef with onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning IN the olive oil; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain.
  3. Add pasta, spaghetti sauce and 2 cups cheese and stir.
  4. Pour into a lightly greased 8x8-inch square baking dish.
  5. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and enough pepperoni to cover the top.
  6. Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe from Home Inspired Bliss


4 comments :

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

OMG....we do spaghetti AT LEAST once a week in my house...sometimes 2. The kids & shayne request it seriously like every other day (which is awesome, because that means I make good spaghetti, plus it's easy & cheap!) They would so devour this. Must try! THANKS :)

Carolina HeartStrings said...

This looks fantastic! I cannot wait to try it out. My family will love it. Come and visit us. We have some wonderful treats this week.

The Better Baker said...

I'm so happy to see this! I use to make this years ago and my recipe got lost! Pinning this now! Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

Unknown said...

love a casserole type dinner that should appeal to the kiddos. thanks for sharing stopping by SRC group!! already pinned it!