Saturday, July 14, 2012

Homemade Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix

So...I was in a jam this week when I went to grab some Italian dressing mix packets at our local Walmart and there weren't any. At all. I got home thinking I may have had one in the cabinet...nope. Google is my best friend! I found this recipe on Food.com and will be using it again :) I had all the spices on hand. I already use ranch dressing mix from "scratch" most of the time, so this will definitely come in handy. We used it for this recipe that is our go-to recipe for pot roasts or in our case this particular time, deer roast!

(Print)

What you need:
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp. onion powder
  • 2 tbsp. oregano
  • 1 tbsp. parsley
  • 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1/4 tsp. thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. celery leaves
Directions:
  1. Mix together and store in an airtight container.
  2. Mix 2 tbsp. of this mix with 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 tbsp. water, and 1/2 to 2/3 cup olive oil. to make the dressing.
  3. Yields 8 tbsp. I believe (don't quote me on this one) that one packet is 4 tbsp.

Recipe from Food.com

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

1 comment :

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

This Italian mix looks easy enough. Good thing, since I just found a recipe calling for it. :)