Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pizza Braid

It's time for another Pinterest Project linky party - you can find more info {here}. If you have a Pinterest Project you have made/done this week, go over to my other blog and link up! It can be a recipe, a DIY for the home, a nail design, a craft with your kids, a hair do, an outfit, etc. As long as you found it on Pinterest, it can be a great success or an epic fail, we don't care :)

This is actually one of the very first pins that I pinned and I was so excited to try it. It was very simple. The ratio of filling to bread was perfect. There wasn't any one flavor that overwhelmed any other - it was just the perfect balance of flavor!


In Tennessee, my mom-in-law had a freezer stocked with Italian sausage. My husband went crazy for it. I'm pretty sure that's all he ate while we were there :) I couldn't find pizza sauce at the commissary, but I was able to find the brand of my favorite pizza sauce in spaghetti sauce. I happened to have stumbled upon an Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions sauce. I grabbed it up because the recipe didn't call for onions or peppers and I love onions and peppers in EVERYTHING.


(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed completely
  • 1/2 lb to 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
  • Pepperoni
  • Pizza sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Olive oil
  • Dried oregano
Directions:
  1. Press bread dough into a long rectangle on a baking sheet. (Make sure you grease it first!)
  2. Spread sauce in the middle and then top with meats and cheese.
  3. Slice 1-inch strips to the filling on both sides.
  4. Take one strip from each side and braid, alternating between sides. Tuck the ends under.
  5. Bake at 325* for 20 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
  7. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
Recipe from Busy Mommy

6 comments :

Lauren said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmM

Jane said...

YUM! I'm saving this for later. Daniel would LOVE this!!!

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Looks like you totally nailed it!

Michael said...

Yum, I love making braids, such an easy fun dinner! Looks delish!

Anonymous said...

what a great way to make a pizza dish look original and interesting !

Deb A said...

I have always wanted to do this and glad I saw your recipe at Weekend Potluck - I'm here and I'm also a new follower... would love for you to stop by and do the same! Have a great weekend... Deb