Tuesday, August 21, 2012

DIY Pizza Lunchables

I'm gonna direct you over to Tina's post {here} - she goes into more depth of actually packing this for a school lunch. I wanted to test out the recipe before I used it for my little man who starts Kindergarten in a few weeks. It didn't disappoint at all. A tip I have (and will be using) is freezing the pizza sauce and cheese. This way I not only am freezing the "leftover" pizza rounds, but also the fixings and I can just grab them out of the freezer whenever I want to throw them in his lunch box :)



(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 recipe pizza dough (I used half of my favorite)
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Cheddar + Mozzarella mix (we used Colby Jack)
  • Pepperoni
Directions:
  1. Separate your pizza dough into 18-20 golf ball-sized balls. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
  2. Flatten into 5-inch rounds and bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 400* - I like to poke mine with a fork before cooking, so it doesn't puff up. Let cool.
  3. Now at this point, you can either pack them up OR 
  4. top with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and serve up!
Recipe from Mommy's Kitchen
 

No comments :