Thursday, December 27, 2012

Countdown to 2013: Best Soup & Bread Recipes of 2012

Photobucket

My soups and bread categories are a little thin this year, but the ones I did make were extraordinarily delicious. I'm not going to split them up, so don't be alarmed with the mix-matching.

Sour Cream Banana Bread - I know a lot of people don't like sour cream. However, even if you hate it, I urge you to find recipes for baking that use it. It makes your final product incredibly moist and you cannot taste it whatsoever. This is the best banana bread I've made to date. I made it while we were home for Christmas vacation (that trickles into January) and only made one loaf. One loaf was a mistake. It was gone before it even cooled.

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Lasagna Soup - I had seen this soup everywhere. I am not a fan of lasagna, 
but I am a fan of lasagna soup. Definitely a winner in my house too.

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest
 
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread - I was not sure whether to put this with breads or breakfast, but I went with breads because banana bread is over here. This one barely got out of my oven before my husband starting eating it. It has lemon in it - and as you all know from my Best Breakfast post, I am now a lemon fan and I love lemon and blueberry together!

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Buffalo Chicken Chili - my husband is also a spicy food addict. Buffalo is one of those staples that you will find in our fridge and in our cabinet. Like the commercial, we put that @#%! on everything! This chili was hearty, thick, and warms you right on down to your tippy toes.

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Texas Roadhouse Rolls - If you have never been to TX Roadhouse, I highly recommend it. They make a mean steak and their rolls are to die for. Hence why a copycat roll made it to my Best of 2012 list. The recipe also has a copycat cinnamon butter too :)

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
Italian Chicken Soup - This soup is one of my favorite PDub recipes of the year. I think PDub has made Parmesan cheese acceptable in my house as well. Before her recipes, my husband and I wouldn't go near it with a ten-foot pole. Now it's on everything.

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
These two particular recipes are from my first year of blogging (2010), but they are picture retakes that I am proud of and wanted to reshare. Cheddar Broccoli Soup is my five year old's favorite dinner and is also the recipe that I've made the most in the past five or six years. For me to make a recipe more than once is a huge deal because we try out new recipes most every day.

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
This Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Soup is a rich, creamy cheese soup with a slight taste of beer and topped with bacon. There's also corn in it - which is just fabulous in my opinion.

Source: fantasticalsharingofrecipes.blogspot.com via Sarah on Pinterest

 
 
In case you missed it, the Best Breakfast of 2012 was yesterday.
Stop by tomorrow for the Best Main Dish recipes of 2012.

2 comments :

Lindsey said...

The blueberry cream cheese bread sounds delicious!!

Kristin Dawn said...

Hey, new follower from the GYB hop. Lovely blog, so many awesome recipes! I can't wait to check it out some more, I love trying new recipes. :)

xo,
Kristin
aboutagirl.ca