Monday, January 14, 2013

Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte {Copycat}

It's my understanding that Starbucks has seasonal drinks...although apparently you can get a peppermint mocha any day of the year. I'm not sure. These are the rumors I have heard. I am not a huge Starbucks fan, as I have previously stated. Their coffee tastes horrid. I do like homemade "copycats" - they are so much better than the real thing. So when my friend, Melissa, posted this recipe on her blog (she's awesome, so check her out!), I knew it would be something to try asap. it was simple, quick, and delicious. Apparently, Starbucks has caramel bits that they top this drink with, but I used some finely chopped butterscotch chips.

#Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte {copycat} - make this fabulous #drink at home


(Print)
What you need:
  • 2 Tbsp caramel sauce
  • 1 to 2 oz. vanilla syrup
  • 4 oz. espresso or strongly brewed coffee
  • 8 to 10 oz. steamed milk
  • Whipped cream
  • Toffee bits, caramel sauce, etc.
Directions:

Place caramel sauce in the bottom of your coffee mug.

Then add vanilla syrup to the mug.

Top with espresso or coffee.
Fill the rest of your cup up with steamed milk and stir.

Garnish with whipped cream and toffee/caramel bits and/or caramel syrup.


Recipe from Lulu & SweetPea

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

2 comments :

Amy said...

Mmmmm...I am a sucker for DIY lattes! I am definitely giving this one a try tomorrow!

Melanie said...

I'm not a big fan of Starbucks either but this sounds delicious!!! I like butterscotch over caramel! =)

Ergo - Blog