Friday, June 15, 2012

Pineapple Mango Salsa

I tried a fruit salsa recipe a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. I've been hankering for some more and especially with the weather being warm - it's the perfect time to grill something to serve up with it! So I grilled up some thick pork chops that had been marinated in Italian dressing. The salsa went perfectly with it.

I still need to practice on my mango-cutting skills though. I also got my first pineapple splinter. It was not fun.


(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
  • 1 diced mango
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
  • 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
  • Juice of one lime
  • Pinch of salt
Directions:
  1. Toss together all ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Cover and refrigerate for around 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
  3. Serve with meat, tortilla chips, etc.

Recipe from Pennies on a Platter

 
Recreated by My Wholefood Family for February 2016 SRC Reveal {here} 

1 comment :

Six Sisters said...

This salsa looks so delicious! Yummy on everything!! Thanks for sharing on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you come back next week. -The Sisters