Wednesday, January 30, 2013

11 Epicly Delicious Crockpot Recipes

If you are a regular Fantastical reader, you know that I decided to share a collection of themed recipes every couple of weeks. My first collection was 10 Soups to Keep You Warm. My family loves soup - and we even have a soup night (Wednesdays).

This week I was going to do bars and brownies, but decided to do that after Chocolate Week in February. So instead I went with crockpot. I love my crockpots and love to find great flavorful meals that I can make in them. So without further ado...



I hesitated to make this one because I thought it would be very mediocre - I was so wrong. All the flavors of the three envelope mixes work together so well and the chicken becomes very tender and juicy. The chicken reminds me of what my Grandma Jane would make when I was a kid!


Ranch Crockpot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
I had just started to get comfortable with ranch seasoning mixes in my food, as well as, parmesan cheese. I decided to dive off the deep end and go for this meal. I would like to mention that I hate gravy - except for this roast beef white gravy my Grandma Jane makes...you get gravy from making the pork chops in the crockpot. Best. Gravy. Ever. Seriously, I slathered it all over my pork and potatoes. It was a filling, unbelievably delicious meal.


Absolute Best Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
The thing that I love about this particular recipe is that I didn't screw it up. I've tried a few times to make my mom-in-law's recipe and I always mess it up. This one was flawless. I cannot get over the richness that the golden mushroom soup adds. If you love beef stroganoff, you've got to try this recipe. It will blow you away!


Tender Roast with Veggies & Gravy
In this particular roast, you use au jus - which I had never had before. I'm definitely a fan now. I don't make many roast anymore that you also throw the veggies into the crockpot with it. 
So I really liked that about this recipe.


Easy Crockpot Pork Carnitas
Not only is this recipe a really simple one to throw together and to serve, it was my first experience with salsa verde. The green crazy looking salsa is OH SO GOOD! I think the particular kind I used was garlic and lime - doesn't that sound amazing? And as with most crockpot meals, the pork was very tender and juicy!


Slow Cooker Tex Mex Chicken
I got this recipe from one of my online buddies and it was one that we made all the time around 2010. Everyone who I have made it for or tried it, loved it. It's got corn, peppers, chicken, rice, and lots of cheese on top!


Creamy Chicken with Noodles
I always feel like I never make this one enough. Every time I do make it, I wonder why it's been so long. It's a very rich dish and very filling. And it's also super creamy with the cream cheese. It doesn't look like anything special, but I promise you will be very surprised when you take your first bite.


Family Favorite Slow Cooker Roast
Now you may be asking why two roast recipes made my list...here's the scoop: when I was first married and had all of 20 recipes to make, I attempted to make roast so many times. I made it in my oven and it always took way too long to make, was still pink/red in the middle, and was so dried out that it was nearly inedible. Crockpots saved pot roast! This particular one uses cajun seasoning and coffee and makes for a unique flavoring.


Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
What I really love about this recipe is that you put 3 ingredients into your crockpot. You make the cheese sauce and onion/pepper medley closer to serving time. The three parts together on a Hawaiian Sweet Roll - just wow! You just want to keep eating them!


Crockpot Chili Dogs
This chili dog recipe was one of the very first recipes I posted on FSOR. I have since heard so many compliments and raves about how simple and hassle-free this recipe is. I'd have to agree. It was one of the selling points for me that made me want to try it. You throw it all in the crockpot and when you're ready to eat, you plop it on a hot dog bun! It's great for when you need chili dogs in bulk too.


Fauxtisserie Chicken
This is by far the easiest, most versatile way to make a whole chicken. I'm lucky to have my husband who survived on cornish hens during his deployment to Afghanistan. He loves to pick off all the meat when the chicken is done - and he is fantastic at getting every last single piece of meat. You can make this chicken in so many different flavors: herb, lemon pepper, spicy, etc.



I hope you all enjoyed the 11 Epicly Delicious Crockpot Recipes.
Like the title implies, these recipes are all epicly delicious! 

3 comments :

Jocelyn said...

I love how much easier the crock pot makes dinner time. Great round up of recipes!!!

The Busy Bee's said...

Hi,
We just found your blog. You have a great blog with yummy recipes. I love the crockpot, dinner is in it now. :o)

We are hosting our 2nd link party tomorrow and would like to invite you to link up with us.

Thanks!
The Busy Bee's,
Myrna and Joye

http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Now if I only had a crockpot!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes