Monday, November 14, 2011

Goody Poody Pancakes

I'm sure y'all have noticed that I've made lots of different pancake recipes. I've been on the search for one that comes close to a pancake recipe I used to eat every Saturday morning with my mom at a little mom and pop's diner in our small small town that I grew up in. This is the closest yet. There is a certain taste you get at the very end of the bite that no other recipe has come close to.

(Printable Version)
What you need:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 3 eggs, separated
  • 2 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 2 cups milk

Directions:
Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.

In another bowl, mix together egg yolks, brown sugar, melted butter, and milk.

In another bowl, whip egg whites until they are light and fluffy.

Add milk mixture into flour mixture. Whisk until well combined.
Then fold egg whites into that mixture, carefully.

Cook on a hot skillet or griddle until browned on both side.




Linked up at...
Mouthwatering Mondays Must Try Mondays 

3 comments :

Carolina HeartStrings said...

This looks like the perfect recipe. Thanks for sharing it. Come visit us. We havea terrific cider recipe to share today.

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Thanks for linking up at Must Try Mondays. I, too, can't quite find the "right" pancake recipe for just regular pancakes. I killer Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, Pumpkin Pancakes, Oatmeal Pancakes recipes, but nothing REALLY great for regular pancakes. Thanks for sharing!

SnoWhite said...

Is it's the best?! I love the fluffy texture from the egg whites :)