Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spicy Chicken Breakfast Biscuits

I do believe this is the first recipe I've made from Confections of a Foodie Bride, so this means it's time to gush a little. I'm sure you all have seen a few of Shawnda's recipes on my Sunday Social post (like Waffles with Southern Comfort Praline Sauce and Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies). I'm still a relatively new follower though, so I highly recommend visiting her site and checking out her delicious recipes :)

This recipe was pretty quick to make for a breakfast recipe and it was definitely a keeper. My husband has no-register spice palate whatsoever...he could eat a habenero whole, no problem. Okay, well maybe not :P But he loves spicy foods and will eat everything with buffalo sauce on it! He loved these!


(Printable Version)

What you need:
  • 4 thin chicken breasts, halved
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne, depending on how spicy you want to go
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tube buttermilk biscuits, 8-count
  • Sliced pepper jack cheese
  • Honey
  • Vegetable oil
Directions:
 
Place milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and all seasonings (not honey) in another shallow bowl.
Dip chicken in milk and then dredge through seasoned flour, coating completely.

Place on a plate and refrigerate 15 minutes.

Bake biscuits according to tube directions. I did this while my chicken was in the fridge.
Heat oil over medium-high heat. You'll want enough to completely cover the bottom of the pan.
Fry chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and let rest.

Serve chicken in a biscuit topped with cheese and a little honey.

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

1 comment :

Burgundy said...

I loved this sandwich. It was good. I made them as breakfast for dinner. My picky eater only wanted the chicken but he missed out on the othet parts.