Saturday, November 10, 2012

Man Food Week: Hot Biscuits & Gravy



I hope you all loved man food week and found something to impress the men in your life - whether it be a significant other, dad, sibling, uncle, etc.

I hate gravy. I hate biscuits soggy with gravy. So you might ask why on earth I am posting a biscuits and gravy recipe?! Well...my husband and kids LOVE it. My mom-in-law makes incredible biscuits and gravy every time we visit - all 3 of them beg for it and are spoiled! However, we only visit two times a year and it's never long enough. I figured that I should probably learn how to make it for them until we move in with Mom...I mean, visit her more often :P

I did taste a bit of the gravy and I'd have to say, it was actually pretty tasty.
Hot Biscuits and Gravy - breakfast with a kick. #biscuits #gravy #italiansausage



(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 lb. hot sausage (I used Italian because I had some in the fridge)
  • 4 Tbsp. flour
  • 4 cups milk
  • Biscuits
Directions:
  1. Bake your biscuits - canned or homemade, your pick!
  2. Brown sausage and crumble as you go.
  3. Add flour and stir.
  4. Stir in milk slowly.
  5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.
  6. Stir occasionally until thickened.
  7. Top split biscuits and go to town!

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

No comments :