Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beer Battered Fried Pickles

I have had fried pickles before, but was intrigued when I saw beer battered. I paired the fried pickles with burgers, however, I think these would be perfect for game day. I really liked the fact that there was no egg mixture, flour mixture, and coating mixture. It was just a batter. Simple dunk and fry. I could not stop eating them - they were addictive.

Beer Battered Fried Pickles - an addictive appetizer perfect for game day.
 
(Print)
What you need:
  • 2 jars dill pickle spears, drained and patted dry
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • Pinch cracked black pepper
  • Pinch cayenne
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • Vegetable oil
Directions:
Whisk together egg, beer, baking powder, salt, pepper, cayenne.
Whisk in flour.

Heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a large pot to about 350*
Dip pickles in batter and fry in batches for about 3 to 4 minutes each.

Drain on paper towels.

 Recipe from Sweet Pea's Kitchen

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

1 comment :

Unknown said...

these sound awesome! I just tried fried pickles for the first time this year, and it didn't take me long to get hooked! which doesn't help my waistline (why does all the good stuff have to be fried!?)

I would love it of you came by and shared this (and any other goodies you've got) at my linky party!

<3 Bethany @ Thesepiapuppy.blogspot.com