Friday, June 01, 2012

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread

I've had the craving for some cinnamon raisin bread for a while. I went to go make a bread machine recipe - like my grandma always made when I was growing up, but I found out that I'm missing a piece to my break machine :( Thankfully, I had just found this recipe on Pinterest and was able to still make it! Not only does this bread turn out so moist - it also makes TWO loaves.


(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 5 1/2 to 6 cups flour
  • 1 large egg, beaten with 2 tsp. warm water
Filling:
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
Directions:

Put raisins in a small bowl filled with hot water. Let plump up for 10 minutes and drain. Set aside.

Place 1 cup warm water in stand mixer and add yeast. Stir. Let set for 10 minutes, then stir.

Stir in milk, melted butter, and salt.

Add 5 1/2 cups of flour until it comes together.

Knead with dough hook for 8 to 10 minutes.

Turn mixer on low and knead in raisins until evenly distributed.
Cover and let rise for one hour.

Divide into 2 pieces and roll out on counter into a long rectangle - as wide as your loaf pan is long.

Brush with egg wash.

Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over loaves.

Roll up and place seam side down in greased loaf pans.

Let rise for 30 minutes and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in a preheated 375-degree oven. Let cool.


{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

1 comment :

Sophia said...

Oh, I LOVE cinnamon raisin bread! God, I'm hungry right now. Unfortunately, I have the cooking skills of a... something that has no cooking skills! D: Maybe I can get one of my family members to make it for me? With lots of pleading, of course! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Sarah! <3 :)