Thursday, May 03, 2012

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

I'm a stickler for tried and true recipes. Once I find a perfect recipe, I don't make any more...well, sometimes. On occasion, I'll break down and try a new one. My friend Jaime made these killer enchiladas and gave me the recipe. They were my tried and true. It's a few years later and I finally decided to try a new chicken enchilada recipe. This one is kind of unique because it doesn't use enchilada sauce. When I looked at the recipe, I was a little puzzled by the pint of whipping cream. I didn't know if they would make the enchiladas soggy and I was weary that they wouldn't turn out.

When I pulled these out of the oven all golden and brown and bubbly, I knew that they'd be delicious. The first bite blew me away - these tasted like a giant fried cheesestick! :)

(Print)
What you need:
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 1 can Rotel, drained
  • 1 pkg. cream cheese, cut up and softened
  • 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 pint whipping cream
Directions:
Melt butter in a large skillet and add Rotel. Saute for 1 minute.

Add in cream cheese and chicken and cook until cream cheese melts completely.

Add chicken mixture to tortillas and roll up tightly.
Place seam side down in a greased 9x13-inch pan. 
Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.

Top with cheese and then drizzle with whipping cream.

Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
Uncover and cook for 15 more minutes.

 My best source of light in my house also gets super shady. It's pretty awful.
I cannot wait to have a well-lit kitchen!


Recipe from Kevin & Amanda

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

No comments :