Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No-Bake Berry Cheesecake

My husband, Nick, had his birthday this month and I always get really nervous when it comes to making his birthday meal. This year I asked him what he wanted for his cake and he was stumped. So I had found a few recipes I thought he may like and asked him what he wanted. He decided on berry cheesecake.

This recipe is a no-bake cheesecake. I wanted to do this because my cheesecakes always crack (I have yet to get a pan so I can do a water bath) and I wanted his birthday cake to be perfect. This one doesn't set like a normal cheesecake, but it was still incredibly delicious. I loved the berry topping too! You can never go wrong with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries!

(Print)
What you need:
  • 2 pkg. graham crackers (I used chocolate)
  • 11 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temp
  • 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
For Berry Sauce:
  • 2 to 3 cups berries
  • 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
Directions:

Crush graham crackers and place in a bowl.

Stir in sugar and butter.

Press into pans and freeze for 10 minutes. I used 4 ramekins and a 9-inch pie dish.

Make filling by beating cream cheese until smooth.

Add milk a little at a time and beat until combined.
Add lemon juice and vanilla.

Pour over crust, cover, and refrigerate for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

For berry sauce, combine ingredients in a saucepan  and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 16 minutes and let cool completely. If desired, refrigerate before serving.

Serve cheesecake topped with berry sauce.

{cheesecake} Recipe from Food.com
This was recreated by The More Than Occasional Baker for Apr 2014 SRC {here}
 Secret Recipe Club

No comments :