Monday, January 21, 2013

Cheesy Cream of Broccoli Soup

We have our favorite cheddar broccoli soup that we always eat, but I thought it was time to branch out. I am going to try and do homemade Velveeta next time. As I said last Thursday, I am not the biggest fan of Velveeta. This was a pretty fantastic soup.
Cheesy Cream of Broccoli Soup - a thick, hearty #soup that's loaded with cheese and broccoli!


(Print)
What you need:
  • 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets
  • 9 cups water
  • 5 to 6 Tbsp. bouillon
  • 1 cube butter
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 cups half-and-half
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese
  • 16 oz. Velveeta
Directions:

Add broccoli, water, and bouillon to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter and then add onion to saute for 5 minutes.
Add flour, stirring until smooth, and cook for 1 minute.
Slowly add half-and-half.

Salt and pepper to taste.
Add cheeses and heat until melted.
 
Add this mixture to the broccoli.
 


{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

2 comments :

Trish said...

that looks sooooo good!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment you left me! These soups look SOOOOO yummy, and I think I now need to go make one of them for dinner. Yum--thanks for sharing! :-)

Meg