Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tasty Thursday #89: Baked Chicken Parm Sandwich

Welcome back to Tasty Thursday!!
Photobucket

Next week, there will be no Tasty Thursday. It will return on January 3rd. :)

Now that I am semi on good terms with chicken parmesan, I decided to branch out with different variations of it. You will notice that a lot of my husband's favorites end up in many different forms (aka Philly cheesesteak everything). This was going to be a grilled cheese, but with the type of rolls I had gotten, I decided to just make a sandwich.
Baked Chicken Parmesan - panko-crusted baked chicken topped with fontina cheese and marinara on a roll. #chickenparmesan #chicken #sandwich



(Print)
What you need:
  • Chicken breasts, thinly sliced
  • Salt and pepper
  • Flour
  • Italian seasoning
  • 1 to 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. EVOO
  • Panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan
  • Fontina or provolone cheese
  • Marinara sauce
  • Deli rolls
Directions:
Mix together salt and pepper and flour on a shallow dish.

Mix together Italian seasoning, Panko, and Parmesan in another shallow dish.

Beat together egg(s) and EVOO.

Dip chicken into flour mixture, then egg mixture, and then Panko mixture.
Bake on parchment-lined sheet at 375* for 15 to 20 minutes, flip them halfway through.

Build sandwiches with chicken, fontina, and marinara on deli rolls.

Bake for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted.


Recipe inspired by Brit + Co's Chicken Parm Grilled Cheese

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

4 comments :

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Thanks for hosting. Merry Christmas and happy New year! :)

Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Have a wonderful holiday!

Unknown said...

Just dropping in from the Hop and am glad I did. I love finding new parties:) I linked up 3 of my favorite recipes and am grabbing your Party Button for my page.

Following via GFC and Facebook.

I would also love to invite you to share any of your favorite posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (no rules and goes live on Thursdays at 7pm mst)

Merry Christmas

Teri said...

Hi Sarah,
I am sharing my Candy Cane Puffs today. Thanks so much for hosting.
Have a wonderful, Merry Christmas, and a Happy Happy New Year!!