Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli

I made these to go with my Secret Recipe Club recipe in June. While my other family members weren't a huge fan, I liked them. They were great with the burgers and I loved the aioli. 

(Print)
What you need:
For the fries:
  • 3 avocados, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 2 cups flour
  • vegetable oil
For the aioli:
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 tbsp. minced garlic
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 3/4 tsp. chili seasoning
Directions:


Mix together the aioli ingredients in a small bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.

Pour about 1/4 to 1/2-inch of oil into a large skillet. Heat to about 350*.
Combine eggs, milk, and Worcestershire sauce in a shallow bowl.

Combine flour, pepper, and chili powder in a shallow dish.

Dredge avocado slices in eggs and then flour. Repeat and then place in skillet. Don't overcrowd!
 
 

Fry until golden brown on each side and place on a paper towel lined plate.

Serve with chilled aioli.


Recipe from The Daily Dish

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

3 comments :

Jane said...

Omgoodness! These look amazing!!

Desi said...

Wonder why they didn't like them because they look amazing! Especially with that dipping sauce :)

Jocelyn said...

I think they look and sound very delicious! I do eat avocados like crazy...so I will have to try this version very very soon:-)