Saturday, July 28, 2012

Giant Gooey Cinnamon Biscuits

I have been eyeing these for such a long time and I utilized Pinterest to make my menu last week. I was reminded of these and immediately put them on the menu. I really liked the size of them. This recipe makes 4 biscuits. I couldn't find cinnamon chips though :( So I used toffee bits. I really want to get the cinnamon chips and make this recipe the right way!

(Print)
What you need:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups heavy cream, divided
  • 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (I had to use toffee bits)
  • 3/4 cup confectioners sugar (I will use closer to 1 1/2 cups next time)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.

Pour 1 1/2 cup cream and mix until combined.

On a lightly floured surface, pat into a long, thick rectangle.

Slice into 8 squares and place half the squares into a greased 8x8-inch pan.

Sprinkle half cinnamon chips over top, then cover with second square. Top with remaining squares.

Bake at 425* for 14 to 16 minutes.
Once out of the oven, spread the chips on top.
Whisk together 1/2 cup heavy cream with sugar and vanilla. Drizzle on top. 
Recipe from The Kitchn

{Click here to see what blog hops I participate in}

1 comment :

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

These look wonderful! I wish you could send me some for breakfast. :)